Dr. Patrick Walsh’s Guide to Surviving Prostate Cancer
Patrick C. Walsh (Author), Janet Farrar Worthington (Author)
The ultimate book on the No. 1 men’s disease in the world…should be in every man’s home.” –USA Today
Dr. Walsh is widely regarded as the nation’s finest prostate surgeon…Very current…thoroughgoing primer on the disease, full of accessible but detailed explanations.” –Washington Post
Comforting, encouraging…a must-read for women, men, and families…tells you everything you need to know.” –Elizabeth Dole
- What causes prostate cancer —your risk factors, including heredity, diet, and environment
- Why African American men are more vulnerable and what they need to know that may save their life
- What you can do to help prevent or delay the disease
- Why a physical exam and PSA test can save your life—and how newer blood tests and imaging make the diagnosis more accurate and reduce unnecessary treatment
- Why your cancer may not need to be treated right away, or at all – new guidelines for safe active surveillance
- Exciting advances in radiation and surgery that save lives and minimize side effects
- How breakthroughs in the treatment of advanced cancer are prolonging life and giving new hope for a disease that was once incurable.
Available in paperback or Kindle.
Where’s the Wine? And Other Questions
5.0 out of 5 Stars
“Janet has done it again! This easy-to-read witty book actually made me laugh out loud! If you’ve ever been in line at the grocery store, owned a dog, felt sleep-deprived, or craved Cap’n Crunch, you’ll surely relate to the author’s everyday-life observations. If you met the Worthington family in Janet’s first book, Bumble Creek Farm, you will be glad to know the more things change, the more they stay the same — more entertaining stories!” Carol Anne Wilson
Overview: It’s here, it’s happening, it’s now, it’s — not War and Peace! It’s just a happy little book. Sick of politics, strife, tension? I am, too! Life is short — not unlike this book — and it should be taken with a smile or two. It’s available on Amazon as a paperback or Kindle.
Available at Amazon.com
Bumble Creek Farm
5.0 out of 5 stars
“Easy, Enjoyable Read” Steven Reszka May 7, 2012
“Bumble Creek Farm is touching, well-written, funny, and enjoyable book about a transitioning time in author Janet Farrar Worthington’s life. As Janet and her husband move to a farm, her sense of humor takes you through the learning curve of dealing with animals, children, construction workers and odd, but nice, neighbors. I started and finished the book on a rainy Saturday afternoon and found myself caught up in her world for a few hours. It was a pleasurable visit.”
Overview: Meet Mark and Janet and their menagerie: Two young kids and a baby on the way, horses, dogs and a llama, escape-prone sheep, offbeat neighbors, and various construction workers laboring to renovate their ramshackle farmhouse. A delightful true account, told with love and humor by award-winning writer Janet Farrar Worthington, of her young family’s riotous adventures on their own “Green Acres,” as two urban professionals “who had no idea whatsoever what we were doing” start a farm in beautiful Horse Oak, Virginia.